F gas regulations are enforced by the Environment Agency (EA). Refcom works closely with the EA to ensure better compliance and enforcement, and played a key role in the creation of the F gas company certification scheme in 2009 alongside Defra.
Refcom Certification Ltd (Refcom) has been appointed by the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) to operate as a certification body under the EU fluorinated greenhouse gas (F gas) regulation.
Refcom has also been appointed as a certification body by the Department of Environment in Northern Ireland under separate NI regulations.
Airtech Air Conditioning Services is certified to handle fluorinated greenhouse gases (F gases), regulated by EU and UK law, if it services the following types of equipment for other businesses:
- Stationary refrigeration systems that contain F gas
- Stationary air conditioning and heat pump systems that contain F gas
- Stationary fire protection systems that contain F gas
- Refrigerated trucks and trailers
- Servicing includes installing, repairing, maintaining, leak testing, commissioning and decommissioning.