Job Vacancies / Careers at Airtech
We are a friendly company established since 1979, due to our continued success rates we are further developing. If you would like to apply for a job with us please download and complete an application form.
HVAC Mechanical Contracts / Sales Design Contracts Engineer
(Office based Position with Site Surveys) updated 09/09/2018
A Mechanical Contracts / Design Engineer is required to join our Contracts team based in the East Grinstead. The successful applicant will working within an established design / sales team covering the London and the Home Counties responsible for developing relationships with new and existing clients in both Commercial and Residential sectors.
The ideal candidate should have an excellent grasp of everything required to project manage small, medium and large installations of Air Conditioning, Heating, Ventilation and Controls incorporating design, quotations, project managing installation works, commissioning and handover to the Service & Maintenance team.
It would be beneficial for the applicant to have proven track record at quoting and winning contracts within the HVAC industry. A good technical knowledge of Air Conditioning, Heating, Ventilation and Controls systems is imperative for dealing with customers and sub-contractors.
Airtech Air Conditioning Services Ltd also operate a Service & Maintenance business and the successful applicant will work side by side with this department to win potential new Maintenance Contracts and liaise with them on the ongoing Contracts.
As the Mechanical Contracts / Design Engineer you will have the following duties and responsibilities:-
- Undertaking design of Air Conditioning, Heating Ventilation and Controls systems to meet clients design specifications or requirements
- Providing calculations and detailed design drawings as well as system schematics in-line with design specifications, with the assistance from our in-house CAD Technician.
- Prepare competitive customer quotations based on customer needs through conducting site surveys, responding to tender requests or customer meetings
- Procurement and liaising with Sub-Contractors and Suppliers for Equipment and Materials.
- Attending site surveys / meetings.
- Ensuring projects are completed per schedule and within budget.
- Carry out any duties required to allow the successful growth of the Contracts team.
- Good communication skills are key for this role as you will be required to liaise with clients, Sub-contractors, suppliers etc. on a daily basis.
The successful candidates should ideally have: –
- Good all round knowledge of Mechanical building services including Air Conditioning, Heating, Ventilation, plumbing and Control systems.
In return the successful candidates will be rewarded with a good competitive salary and company vehicle.
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please download our application form (link below) and email a covering letter and CV to Philip Musgrave on AC@airtech.co.uk / download and email this application form (click the link)